This Masterclass REPLAY includes:
OVER 10 hours of Video!
41 high resolution BACKGROUNDS
22 high resolution TEXTURES
25 of Heather's Corel Painter brushes compatible with Corel Painter 2021 (or newer)
You will see how Heather starts an image from the absolute GROUND to the END in these videos!
- OVER 6 hours of pre-recorded, streaming Masterclass videos you can access via your online library
- Access to Controlling the Texture in the Background webinar replay (120 minutes plus goodies)
- Intro to Corel Painter 2021 video (1hr18m)
- Brushes pack for Corel Painter 2021 (and newer)
- Homework assignments each session
- Heather's BONUS 2023 (un-released) Backgrounds Pack
- Some of Heather's favorite backgrounds from the last few years to study at high resolution (including Alla Prima, Alla Prima ll, Foundations, and some of the earlier collections)
- 22 of Heather's high resolution textures
- Some of Heather's high resolution paintings, and reference images to study the brushwork "up close"
Backgrounds are often the most overlooked space in a painting. They're the supporting role. If you're not composing them properly, your subject could be weakly supported leaving the viewer to wonder "well, that's nice." Strive for exceptional. Especially in this day and age.
You'll learn how to utilize organic materials and utilize them in a digital space for a truly life like painted look in your backgrounds. This extended workshop will cover editing and layering in Adobe Photoshop (CC and newer), and painting in Corel Painter 2021 (or newer) with a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet and pen. The pre-recorded Masterclass tutorials can be streamed whenever you have high speed internet through your online library!
Heather will cover how to make one of a kind textures organically for digital use using traditional media. You'll learn how to layer textures, tricks and pitfalls, how to prepare them for Corel Painter's "Texture" palette. You'll also learn how to incorporate backgrounds you might already own from this store into your textures or backgrounds arsenal. Heather will demonstrate how to identify and use brushes in background building, as well as edge identifiers for painting the subject into the background if the background was painted separate of the subject.
If you're looking to create unique backgrounds for your own use, or even selling them on Etsy, or maybe it's looking how to better merge your subject to the background space, this class is for you! A basic understanding of layers and maneuvering Photoshop and Corel Painter are required. Please note an Intro to Corel Painter 2021 video is included to help you manage your setup.
While this course is designed to teach you to create your own backgrounds, please note if you are using any backgrounds from this store the terms of agreement are still in effect. You can view the terms here.
Replay ONE - Textures - merging traditional with digital
Replay TWO - Layering tricks and brush identification
Replay THREE - Gestalt - Merging the subject with the background texturally
Replay FOUR - Finishing the subject into the background
- Adobe Photoshop CC or newer
- Corel Painter 2021 or newer
- A pressure sensitive tablet such as a Wacom
- A digital camera of some sort. Your cell phone is not recommended but if that is all you have access to, so be it.
- Black acrylic paint (cheap, dollar store paint is fine!)
- High speed internet
Please note only this does not include any LIVE sessions - simply the REPLAY from the first Original Creating and Using Functional Backgrounds Masterclass!
This Masterclass goes through the not so lovely "OH POOP" moments when you have to make the subject work with the background space. You'll see it ALL in the replays. If you can't make it work, let alone know what to look for, the overall painting will not work. Don't let a few elements keep your masterpiece in the dud pile. This image is what you'll see from start to finish in the Study At Your Pace REPLAY.